Tavin-EM is a product of Indian pharmaceutical company, Emcure, and it is used for PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis) by individuals who may be at a high risk of getting infected with HIV-1.
Pre-exposure prophylaxis refers to the use of medications by HIV-negative people for the purpose of protecting them from contracting the virus. PrEP is recommended for use by anyone who has been sexually involved with an HIV-positive partner, those who have had sex without a condom with partners of unknown status and people who use sharp objects.
Truvada is the first medication approved by the United States’ Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for PrEP. The active ingredients in Truvada are tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and emtricitabine. These ingredients are the basis for anti-HIV treatment, and it what makes Truvada effective for HIV PrEP.
Over the years, more and more medications have been developed using the same active ingredients as in Truvada (tenofovir disoproxil fumarate and emtricitabine) and in exactly the same quantity. The intention is to make the drugs provide the very same action against HIV that Truvada does. These drugs are called generics.
Generic drugs are those formulated after a brand name drug (the first creation of its kind). They always have the same strengths, method of administration, side effects and effectiveness of the original drug, but they cost way less. The reason being that they are sold over-the-counter before the expiration of the patent for the original drug, which lasts about 10-20 years. Examples of the generic drugs are Cipla’s Tenvir-EM, Mylan’s Ricovir-EM, Hetero’s Tenof-EM Emcure’s Tavin-EM and so on.
Tavin-EM, a generic Truvada equivalent, prevents the replication of HIV by affecting the activities of an enzyme known as reverse transcriptase (RT). This is an enzyme needed in the replication of the virus.
Advantages of Tavin-EM 30 Tabs
Findings have shown over time that people who were primarily exposed through anal sex recorded about 99% protection upon taking Tavin-EM or related drugs i.e drugs that have emtricitabine and disoproxil fumarate as their active constituents. This is a huge feat and is one of the greatest advantages of this drug.
Other advantages of Tavin-EM tabs are as follows:
- cheap: unlike Truvada, Tavin-EM is very cheap and highly affordable for the average individual. PrEP is a procedure that needs to be followed consistently and so, it’s basic that Tavin-EM will be more savings-friendly in the long run;
- antiretroviral: aside from being used for PrEP, tenofovir and emtricitabine in Tevin-EM make it ideal for HIV-positive patients to curb the growth of the virus. It can also boost the patient’s immune system, reduce the symptoms and reduce the possibility of transferring the virus to others;
- female-controlled: more often than not, women depend on men to guarantee the safety of them both via safe sexual practices (e.g. use of condoms). However, with Tavin-EM, women can choose to be in charge of their own safety by using the medication. Now, if the man neglects the use of a condom, the woman can still be sure of her own safety as far as HIV is concerned. It should be noted at this point that Tavin-EM only protects against HIV so using a condom is still very important;
- resistance: medical professor, Robert Grant, revealed in a study that the sum of resistance to emtricitabine and tenofovir (the active ingredient in Tavin-EM) was 5 out of about 9,222 participants (0.005%). Tavin-EM, therefore, has a low possibility of resistance;
- serodiscordant couple: serodiscordant couples are couples with different HIV status. That is, a relationship where one partner is HIV-negative and the other, HIV-positive. Tavin-EM can be used by either of the couples to prevent contracting the virus from the other partner. In cases like this, Tavin-EM can be used by the lady who is HIV-negative if she wants to give birth to babies that will be uninfected with an HIV-positive partner.
Tavin-EM has been attested to as highly effective in combating HIV virus. While it is okay for everyone to take it, it is highly recommended for those who fall in the high-risk category.
Tavin-EM 30 Pills Action
HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Syndrome) is a viral infection that first attacks a cell in the body. Afterward, it takes control of the cell and then forces the cell to make duplicates of it. For this process to be possible, the cell makes use of an enzyme called reverse transcriptase. This is known as reverse transcription.
As is known, Tavin-EM can be used in two ways against HIV: for the prevention of HIV infection in non-infected individuals through PrEP, and for the management and control of the disease in people who are already infected. For both uses, this drug works in a very similar way.
When acting against the virus in infected individuals (alongside other antiretroviral agents), both medicines inside Tavin-EM (i.e. tenofovir and emtricitabine) interfere with reverse transcriptase (by way of reducing its activity), which the virus uses to make more copies of itself. Since the activity of this enzyme is reduced, the HIV replication process ultimately slows down or stops completely.
If prescription is strictly adhered to, the viral load (amount of HIV copies present in the blood of an infected person) can be suppressed to an extent that it becomes undetectable.
In the prophylaxis strategy, Tavin-EM works by forming molecules around the T-cells (an immune cell which HIV targets) of the HIV-negative individual, thus preventing the virus from establishing a bond with it, and replicating. Hence, Tavin-EM terminates the virus before it gets the chance to multiply rapidly.
How to Take It Correctly
Generally, drugs need to be taken correctly, i.e. in the way they are meant to be taken, for them to function effectively. Tavin-EM, as well as other anti-HIV drugs, are not an exception to this rule. In fact, serious attention should be given to the correct use of this drug as complications may arise if it is used incorrectly.
This drug is best taken according to a doctor’s prescription or the recommendation of a healthcare provider. Altogether, here are some tips regarding how to take it correctly:
- Tavin-EM comes with a medication guide that contains extra patient information, it should be read before commencing its use;
- the drug can be taken with or without food, before after meal;
- it should be swallowed whole, and not be broken, chewed or crushed;
- during the early stages of using this drug, some slight discomforts such as headaches or nausea may arise, regardless, doses should not be skipped. If discomfort persists, a report should be made to a healthcare provider;
- the pill should be taken at the same time quotidianly. This has been found to help users avoid skipping doses, going on to boost adherence;
- skipped doses should be taken as soon as they are remembered. However, if the time a skipped dose is remembered is very close to the next dosing time, the skipped dose should be forfeited and the regular dosing schedule should be carried on. Never should more than 1 dose be consumed in a day, this may lead to unnecessary complications.
Tavin-EM, just like the brand drug (Truvada), takes about 7 days to provide maximum protection against HIV to its user. However, the prescription must be followed to the letter to attain this level of protection (92% – 99%) else, the user may not be well protected and hence, remain exposed to some serious risk of contracting the virus.
Warnings and Side Effects
The buildup of lactate in the blood, also known as lactic acidosis, is one of the early side effects that may be experienced when using Tavin-EM. Others include:
- stomach pain;
- chest pain;
- pale skin;
Also, certain people need to have a chat with a doctor or health care provider before using Tavin-EM. People in this category include:
- pregnant women or those who are preparing for pregnancy;
- anyone with known allergies;
- individuals with a history of problems having to do with the liver;
- breastfeeding mothers;
- individuals with a history of kidney problems.
Not everyone experiences these side effects and the severity may vary from individual to individual. Nevertheless, anyone having any of the above-listed side effects should consult a doctor to know what steps to take.
Very importantly, the administration of this drug should never be halted abruptly. In the event that discontinuity of the procedure is necessitated, a doctor or healthcare provider should be informed. Stopping the use of Tavin-EM, as well as other antiretroviral agents abruptly can lead to the worsening of other diseases such as hepatitis B. Even, it may enable the virus to develop resistance to the drug, and there are only a handful of drugs one can use in fighting HIV.
Interactions of Tavin-EM 30 Tablets
Sometimes, we suffer several symptoms which may warrant the use of several different drugs at a single time, continuously. While this is considered normal in some cases (with proper medical guidance), it may pose some serious issues if mistakes are made.
Generally, while some drugs may not interact with a number of drugs taken alongside it, it may do so negatively with some other drugs.
This said, Tavin-EM 30 tablets go well with a good number of drugs, and supplements, however, there are certain drugs which should not be co-administered with Tavin-EM. This is because they may worsen its negative aftereffects.
Some of these drugs include:
Some of the agents listed above may be present in some certain drugs, making it quite easy to co-administer them without even knowing it. This is why it is always best to discuss with a medical practitioner before starting the use of Tavin-EM.
Different comments and reviews have been made on the effectiveness of Tavin-EM for PrEP. Several users have described their experience with the medication as a great one, except for minor side effects which are common with all PrEP medications. Notable among such side effects most users complained about include nausea, headache, and dizziness.
Regardless, a great many users have expressed utmost satisfaction with the medication, most of them comparing it to the brand drug – Truvada.
Some users who had been taking Truvada but could no longer afford it settled for Tavin-EM and reported the same experience as with Truvada. “Obviously, I am getting the exact same value, but at a way cheaper price..,” one happy customer commented in a review section.
Most reported cases of persistent negative aftereffects such as dizziness and headache, experienced by some users have been traced to incorrect use of the drug. It was often a case of the user either not taking the pills the right way, or the right dose, at the right time.
To avoid severe side effects, the medication should be taken according to prescription, and warnings about correct use should be taken note of to avoid extreme side effects.
There are several other reviews offline and online, but on a large scale, the number of people attesting to the efficacy of Tavin-EM coupled with its affordability far outweighs the opposite, and the positive reviews seem to be rising with more new users.
Order Indian Tavin-EM 30 Tabs at the Best Price Online
Tavin-EM 30 tablets are available for purchase in different pharmaceutical stores, at different prices. Also, they can be purchased via online pharmacies. The online pharmacies bring about flexibility in the way that Tavin-EM can be acquired, in the sense that users can order from almost any part of the world and have their package delivered to them.
Quite unfortunately, this flexibility brings about a major concern. The purity and quality of the drugs bought online is often doubted due to the fact that there are little to no regulations for them. However, there’s a way around this, and legit Tavin-EM tabs with all necessary active constituents in their right proportions can be gotten. This is by buying from reputable online pharmacies only.
Reputable online pharmacies such as PrEPGeneric which work directly with prominent and leading manufactures and suppliers (Emcure, Cipla, Hetero, etc.) of Truvada alternatives offer only the best quality products.
PrEPGeneric offers lots of great benefit to its customers, some of which include:
- assured drug purity and quality;
- no prescriptions required;
- pocket-friendly price;
- complete refunds and shipment;
- worldwide delivery fulfilled in discreet packaging ;
- very simple ordering process.
Besides Tavin-EM, we also offers other generic Truvada alternatives such as Tenvir-EM, Ricovir-EM, and Tenof-EM at very affordable prices, for users who may have a preference. Need Tavin-EM 30 tablets for PrEP? Give our pharmacy a shot now, lots of discounts are up for grabs.